Saturday, March 19, 2016

Week # 8 Find Six for Shared Purpose

After reading what Christina shared with us in class, I did my own research to greater grasp more the idea of Shared Purpose, and that is what I found is helpful to me:

1- "The shared work of learning: Lifting educational achievement through collaboration" is a good research report to read from Mitchell Institute written by Tom Bentley and Ciannon Cazaly. On page 43,  the report explains that the shared characteristics is a deep commitment to student learning, which is then translated differently into priorities for collaboration, and into supported learning by adults. To read more, please visit:

2- Reading "Connected Learning: Re-imagining The Experience of Education in the Information Age" is a great resource I found. This article throughly explains the Learning Principles, Design Principles, and the Core Values.  Shared Purpose is one of the Design Principles. I strongly encourage you to visit http://connectedlearning.tv/connected-learning-principles

3- As a learner, I like the visual learning. So, I always look for videos to help me grasp more of what I am learning. I did my search at YouTube and found this short meaningful video. Please join me and watch it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAZ6F0wOJ3Q 

4- Oh wow! Very good inspiring video to watch " Shared Common Purpose" by Larry Kesslin.  
 "Larry Kesslin is one of the founding partners and president of 4-Profit. Over the past 25 years, he has worked with thousands of solution providers, and numerous vendors and distributors to help guide and inspire leaders to reach their chosen (business) destination. Larry is a known philanthropist."
I really enjoyed listening to him talking about the difference between wants and needs. Hopefully you feel interested to watch him at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC3inLuWoyQ

5- I found that " The 6 Key Drivers of Student Engagement" is a very helpful scholarly article to understand the importance of digital resources in education. Relevant Learning, personalized learning, collaborative learning, connected learning, information literacy, and dialogical and dialectical thinking are the six keys to help students to become more capable of formulating opinions, more adaptable to different circumstances, more understanding of complex issues, and more able to find realistic solutions to problems. To read more, please visit:
https://thejournal.com/Articles/2013/04/16/The-6-Key-Drivers-of-Student-Engagement.aspx?Page=1 

6- Craig Watkins answering the question "how can we help children stay connected to the world that they would like to see?" in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teu9uyHSPbs


No comments:

Post a Comment