Saturday, January 23, 2016

My Dream Came True

When I was a little girl in elementary school, my favorite game was to pretend to be a teacher. I always imagined that I have a classroom full of students. My blackboard was the brown door in the family room and the coffee table was my desk. I created lessons, quizzes, and tests, spending hours and hours pretending to be a real teacher. When I got older, my happiness was when I helped someone learn.

When my family and I moved to America, I attended the ESL program at Delaware County Community College. My reading instructor there was and still is my idol; I learned a lot from her. The best thing I learned from her is how to make my students love the subject I am teaching and how to create a friendly learning environment in the classroom. When I got my first teaching job at a private school as an Arabic language teacher, I felt that the game I was playing when I was a kid is becoming reality. The principal I worked with was a big help and a great mentor to me. Since then, in every school and university I work at, I always find great mentors and colleagues to share their ideas and help me when I need their support.

No comments:

Post a Comment