Thursday, February 25, 2016

Twenty Questions

Ten Questions about myself:
1- How can I maximize the advantages of taking the ED Master at Arcadia?
2- Should I go for PhD after this program?
3- Am I prepared enough to teach blended or online courses if I have the opportunity to do it?
4- How can I help the university I work at to expand the Arabic program?
5- My students always complain that 3 hours a week are not enough for a critical language like  Arabic, how can I convince the university to change it to 5 credit hours?
6-  Should I attend more education conferences?
7- Should I push myself to use the online quizzes which I don't like?
8- What is my weakness in the classroom?
9- What is my strength in the classroom?
10- What can I do to improve myself?

Ten Questions about the education world:
1- What are the new devices to be used in the classroom in ten years?
2- Can technology play the role of the teacher in the future?
3- How can education play the role of peace maker in the world?
4- Technology is very important in education these days. What is the fate of the old fashioned teachers?
5- Is there any way to make conferences for free or at least for a nominal price to encourage teachers to attend and expand their knowledge and experience? Schools don't always cover the cost.
6- In universities, part timers don't get any benefits. Why doesn't the government help them to promote a feeling of security?
7- Children don't choose to be rich or poor. Why don't the rich districts help the poor districts in order for our American students to be equal or semi-equal in education?
8-  Are devices, such as tablets, going to be used instead of books in the future? 
9-  Why do public schools not teach the second language during earlier years? Earlier is better!!
10- How can we encourage our students to communicate with other students from other schools, districts, states, and countries?

When we talk about equity and equality in connected learning, this should include all students attending public schools in the USA. It doesn't matter if they are rich, poor, black, white, immigrants, or native Americans.

Rich or poor is my concern. It is not the child's mistake if he or she was born poor. Also, kids who were born rich didn't help in their parents becoming rich. How can we make them both equal in education? In my opinion, the government and rich districts should help the poor districts. The school tax is not enough to offer students the opportunities to get good education if the area is poor. It doesn't seem wrong to encourage the rich districts, the rich students and their parents to donate some money to buy the poor districts some computers, help to improve their library, or  buy new equipment in the gym, ...etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment